Friday, February 19, 2016

DIY Face mask/peel

Hello lovelies,

   I have discovered a new at home mask/peel that works as well, or even better than expensive masks bought at the store. All you need  is 4 ingredients that are most likely in your house and if not it might cost you about $4.00 to make depending on your areas pricing.


1. 1 package of Unflavored Gelatin, (about a Tablespoon)
2. 1 1/2 Tablespoon milk ( any kind)
3. Plastic cup for mixing
4. Popsicle stick for stirring. This makes a stiff gel that may ruin other utensils.


 Mix the milk and gelatin together and microwave for about 10-15 seconds. I did 15 sec. and that was a little too hot.
When done heating work fast because this stuff hardens pretty quickly. Use the popsicle stick to help apply it. Apply a thin layer. Too thick and it will take longer to dry. Wait for about 15-20 mins. ( I did a NOTD while I waited!! )
 Yep thats me! Make sure your face is freshly clean.


 It would be a good idea to make sure no one is around so you don't have to talk or laugh because you may end up breaking something (haha).

 I waited 20 minutes before I began peeling it off.  Here are a few tips I learned while doing this process:
1. make sure you peel this off over your garbage can because it does make a mess. 2. I would also recommend using an old shirt, in case of spills. 3. You can use warm water and a towel to get this off with but I don't think its as effective, as you want it to work as a peel as well. 4. It probably took me about another 20+ mins to take it all off.  5. Also be careful around your hair line, eyebrows and if you have fine little hairs above your lip, because it does pull these off. To me, it felt like I was waxing.  BUT the results are SOOO worth it. I would recommend doing this about once a month. Make sure that you plan plenty of time to do this.

The below picture is the after. I didn't get it all off yet but just had few thin places. Mine looks a little red because I tried to rub it off which probably was bad! But all in all I would do this again. I feel like I have new skin!! Still do the next day, and even into the next day, I still felt the freshness!


I hope that you all find this useful and that it work just as well for you as it did for me!! Comment below and let me know what you think, and what your results were!!


XOXO  Darci 

No comments:

Post a Comment