Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Queen Helene Royal Curl Line-A Review

Ok lovelies its that time again for a review this time on Hair care products. I have some natural waves in my hair an there are days where I have none depending on the weather, Or how I style it. So when Beautystat asked me if I wanted to review this hair care line, I said sure because I thought it would bring out my natural waves. In this line you get a : Stay Clean Shampoo,Moisture Rich Conditioner, Shaping Cream, Smoothing Oil.
The Queen Helene Royal Curl line is natural, free of harsh and drying chemicals like alcohol, sulfates, petrolatum, parabens and phthalates. Each product contains Royal Jelly. So what’s Royal Jelly you ask? It’s what worker bees feed the Queen!

The Royal Curl Stay Clean Shampoo is sulfate-free, as I mentioned. It contains sea kelp, mandarin orange extract, and green tea. It smells good, lathers nicely, it didn't leave my hair feeling all dangled either.





The Royal Curl Moisture Rich Conditioner contains jojoba seed oil, olive fruit extract, and green tea. Honestly, I was expecting a bit more from this conditioner, because the first ingredients after water are fatty alcohols and behentrimonium methosulfate. For me, BTMS is usually a great detangling agent. I found that I would have to apply quit a bit of product in order to get it to work like it says. So I was disappointed in this product.

Now with this product is a great one for I think any hair style that needs some styling not just for curly hair. I don't have really curly hair just natural waves when i don't straighten it. But when I curled my hair it kept the curls for most of the day. It dries to a soft  crunch but can be scrunched out too.


The Royal Curl Smoothing Oil contains meadowfoam seed oil, corn oil, and green tea. I use all kinds of oils on my hair not all the time but most of the time. I don't know if I applied this product wrong or not or maybe applied to much but it seemed to leave my hair oily an I had to wash it out. So the next time I tried it i just used it on the ends an it seemed to do ok. But I wasn't wowed by this product.

For more information on the Royal Curl line of products and where you can buy them, please visit http://www.queenhelene.com/

My Final thoughts: I would purchase the Shampoo and shaping cream, The other two product I can live with out. Again this is just mean and it might be different for you especially if your hair is way more curlier then mine. 


Disclaimer: I was sent the products mentioned in this post for consideration by Beautystat.com. The opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment